History of the House

The House
Langlois-Chateau
History of the House

1885

1885

Creation of Maison Delandes

1912

1912

The Baron de Bodman (owner of Château de St-Florent and adjoining vineyard) brings cellars, land and buildings to Edouard Langlois and his wife Jeanne Chateau. The latter take over the business of the house Delandes and found Langlois-Chateau.

1915

1915

Death of Edouard Langlois during the war 14-18

1973

1973

The Jacques Bollinger Family Group takes a majority stake and names Michel Villedey (son-in-law of the Bollinger family) as president

1986

1986

Exploitation and marketing of Château de Fontaine Audon on the Sancerre Appellation of 15 Ha in one piece on a magnificent Flint Earth, (property belonging to the de Benoist family)

1999

1999

Terra Vitis certification of the vineyards of Saumur and Sancerre (71 Ha)

2008

2008

François Régis de Fougeroux becomes Managing Director. Michel Villedey will remain Honorary President until 2019

2010

2010

Grouping of cellars and cellars on the historic site of Saumur

2012

2012

Launch of the Cuvée l’Extra by Langlois

2016

2016

Purchase of the Château de Thauvenay vineyard in Sancerre, 18 hectares on a limestone terroir

2020

2020

Labeling in organic viticulture on 30 Ha